My son was famed for having two cell phones. His roommate confessed to being the owner of both cell phones. What is the best course of action?

Asked on Mar 08th, 2017 on Corporate Law - California
More details to this question:
Writing and should he proceed from here?
  • 5.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
no client reviews
AV Preeminent
Answered on Mar 09th, 2017 at 9:50 AM
How was your son "defamed" for having two cell phones? Lots of people have two. There are lots of good reasons for someone to have two. The civil law system does not punish people for bad conduct. It compensates people for the their injuries caused by the bad conduct of others. How has your son been harmed? Has he lost a job opportunity, promotion or raise? Has he lost any bushiness? If you appreciate this free advice, please remember to refer me to any friends or acquaintances who need a lawyer. Referrals are still our best source of new business. Do you have a revocable living trust to protect your heirs against probate? Probate takes forever, is expensive, and is annoying. Do your family a favor. Set up a trust, and put all your property, especially any real property, into the trust. Since it is revocable, you can change it, add to it, take property out of it, or even cancel it completely, at any time. We set up such trusts, provide a pour-over will as a back-up for any property that does not make it into the trust, provide you with blank durable powers of attorney for health care and financial decisions, in case you become incapable of making such decisions while still alive, and convey one piece of real property to the trust, usually the family home, for $1500.00. If you would like to hire me to do this, let me know, and I'll send you a list of the information I need. Dana Sack
Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters