> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Corporate Law > Looking for a lawyer in santa clara,CA as IT consulting company hasnt paid me

Looking for a lawyer in santa clara,CA as IT consulting company hasnt paid me

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 29th, 2017 on Corporate Law - California
More details to this question:
I live in memphis tn and trying to sue a company in santa clara,CA as they havent paid me for my services.I own a staffing company and supplied them with two software professionals they needed for a project.I have all invoices and emails that have gone unanswered and now need legal help.Looking for the right lawyer in the santa clara,CA area who can help me with my case.Thanks
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 05th, 2017 at 10:05 AM

I just settled cases like that for a database engineer in Texas and another in Pennsylvania. This new paradigm of big companies out-sourcing their workers and then not putting any pressure on the contractors when they don't pay the people who did the actual work for the big company, is getting too common. It's disgusting. 

Those last two I did, cost about $30,000.00 in legal fees before we got the case to the point where it could be settled.

I have handled several lawsuits in Santa Clara. The court allows lawyers to appear by phone for most meetings, until trial and one a couple of weeks before trial. They might make you come out here for your deposition. Sometimes the other side will agree to a deposition by phone, and sometimes the court will order it, but in theory, the other side's lawyer is entitled to take your deposition here and in person. We can arrange for it to be near the airport, so that you might be able to fly in and fly out the same day. Depends on airline schedules.

If you appreciate this free advice, please remember to refer me to any friends or acquaintances who need a lawyer. Referrals are still our best source of new business.

Do you have a revocable living trust to protect your heirs against probate? Probate takes forever, is expensive, and is annoying. Do your family a favor. Set up a trust, and put all your property, especially any real property, into the trust. Since it is revocable, you can change it, add to it, take property out of it, or even cancel it completely, at any time. We set up such trusts, provide a pour-over will as a back-up for any property that does not make it into the trust, provide you with blank durable powers of attorney for health care and financial decisions, in case you become incapable of making such decisions while still alive, and convey one piece of real property to the trust, usually the family home, for $1500.00. If you would like to hire me to do this, let me know, and I'll send you a list of the information I need.

Dana Sack




Report Abuse
Corporate Law
Attorneys who practice corporate law can offer strategic advice on the critical legal issues that affect your business. From helping to select an appropriate business structure (such as a corporation, partnership, limited liability company or s-corporation) to offering guidance on governance issues, a corporate lawyer can serve as your business's ally, advocate and risk manager. Law firms that practice corporate law often have lawyers who focus on particular subspecialties, such as corporate finance, commercial law, and mergers, acquisitions and takeovers.
Have an Corporate Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

357 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

115 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

85 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

71 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums